New Members Class
For most of us, becoming a member of a church is the next step in becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ. We welcome your inquiry and invite you to join one of our New Member’s Classes, offered in the spring and fall of the year. All you need to do is let us know you are coming.
During the class, you will have the opportunity to explore what it means to become a Christian and a disciple of Jesus Christ. You will also discover what it means to become a member of the Church and a Presbyterian Christian.
You may become a member of West Isle Presbyterian Church in one of three ways:
1) By public profession of faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior;
2) By certificate of transfer from another Christian church;
3) By reaffirmation of faith in Jesus Christ, for those previously baptized in the name of the Triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and having publically professed faith.
You will be received first by the Session and then by the congregation during morning worship where you will be asked four questions:
1) Who is your Lord and Savior?
2) Do you trust in Him?
3) Will you be His disciple?
4) Will you be a faithful member of this congregation?
If you have not been baptized, you will receive the Sacrament of Baptism during worship as you answer these questions.
In so doing we fulfill the commission of Jesus when He said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:18-20).
Contact BobBullock@westislepres.org for more information.